pre-selected customer is connected with directly by firms, who also provide a means of responding directly to them. This is known as direct marketing. It is additionally known as direct response marketing among practitioners. This one of the older techniques of marketing it itself it is into existence since 15th century. Good direct marketing campaigns focus on promoting a specific product or service, and call on your customers to act to receive further information, register their interest, visit your website and make a booking or a purchase. Direct marketing gives you the opportunity to promote your products and services directly to the customers who most need them. A good direct marketing campaign will always help you build relationships with new customers, test the appeal of your product or service and increase sales. Below is the benefits of direct marketing because being aware of the benefits and challenges of direct marketing will help you use direct marketing effectively. Business need a very well planned direct marketing strategy to identify the ideal customers and help you know the right marketing mix.
- 1. Target Your Ideal Customer: Using direct marketing allows you to target specific groups of customers with tailored messages. By taking the time to research and identify the customers who are most likely to need or want your products and services, you can focus your marketing efforts where they have the highest chance of achieving results. A well-targeted direct marketing campaign will also provide you with an accurate understanding of how your customers are responding to your product and service offers.
- 2. Market On A Budget: Direct marketing that is targeted to a specific audience can help you set realistic sales goals and improve sales results on a tight marketing budget. Businesses can run effective and purposeful direct marketing campaigns at a fraction of the cost of broadcast advertising.
- 3. Increase Sales In Current And Lapsed Customer: Most customers welcome contact from familiar business people who make an effort to understand their needs and build a personal relationship. You can increase sales to your existing customers by maintaining reliable customer records and choosing simple, well-planned promotional tactics. You can also use direct marketing tactics to re-establish relationships with customers who haven't returned to your business in a while. Approaching lapsed customers is an opportunity to rekindle sales, keep your customer records accurate, and find out why your customers move on.
- 4. Improve Customer Loyalty::Direct marketing helps you build direct relationships with your customers. You can personalize promotions, letters and offers to create an immediate link with your customer and increase their personal connection to your business. Many businesses combine direct marketing and customer loyalty strategies to keep and build customer relationships
- Now when we have discussed how the direct response marketing affect you brand positively now let’s discuss the different types of channels there are for direct marketing.
- 1. Email: Email has its own set of rules in email marketing however in wider term it fall under as a category of direct marketing. Email is now the most widely use method of direct marketing
- 2. Mobile:countless number of hours are spent on using mobile phones and mobile marketing is getting bigger with each passing year. Through mobile marketing, marketers engage with prospective customers and donors in an interactive manner through a mobile device or network, such as a cellphone, smartphone, or tablet. Types of mobile marketing messages include: SMS (short message service) marketing communications are sent in the form of text messages, also known as texting. MMS (multi-media message service) marketing communications are sent in the form of media messages.
- 3. Telemarketing: Telemarketing is another form of direct marketing. In this of direct marketing potential customers are called through telecommunicating devices and directly approached on whether they need their services or not.
You’re not locked into one specific format when you decide to use direct marketing. You can choose to contact people through direct mail, by telephone, through direct advertising, or even online. When you’ve got options, you’ve got opportunities. You’re able to present a targeted sales opportunity in a way that allows people to think about the offered value proposition. You’re giving them the information they need to make a meaningful decision in an environment that is comfortable to them, like their home or their office. Up to 90% of the research a prospect needs to do to feel comfortable with a product will be done on an individual basis. They’ll look you up online, compare you to the competition, and check your reputation. That last 10% can be taken care of when they contact you using the direct marketing information you’ve sent them. This gives you a much more productive method of creating a sale. If you’re trying to drum up some local business, you can’t beat how affordable it can be to do some direct marketing. How much does it cost to pick up the phone and call someone? Or how much would it cost for you to print up a few brochures on your own printer to distribute throughout a neighborhood? If you’re a small business looking to grow market share, there are very few opportunities to show how you can meet needs and match desires with such a small investment.
Reaching your maximum scale potential requires direct marketing strategies built specifically for your target audience. That’s what HS Digital Media does for you. Whether you want to test the direct mail channel, get out of a campaign slump, or align your mail and digital efforts, we have the proven testing and targeting methodologies that will maximize your growth ASAP.